Benefits of Trust membership
Our experienced CEO and team of senior staff are available to provide personalised advice and guidance to your school leaders and governing bodies about a wide range of strategic, educational, legal and practical matters.
It is important that you can focus on the quality of education for your pupils and our help; either directly in that critical area, or by providing assistance which allows you to minimise competing distractions, will allow your school to continue on its journey to excellence.
In general terms the key services we provide are:
- Access to a broad pool of talent from within the Djanogly Learning Trust (the Trust) and more widely from our collaborative partners
- Strategic advice at governance and senior leadership level on school improvement and governance compliance
- High level financial planning guidance, supported by practical templates and advice from skilled staff
- A personalised service covering all aspects of HR including recruitment, contracting and performance management.
- Establishment of a risk management framework related to your strategic planning
- PR advice and guidance to promote and celebrate the good things as well as support and defend you when the unexpected happens
- Website advice and guidance to support and help develop your local internet presence
- Access to our Sherwood Rise facilities, including a lecture theatre and ample free parking, for training events and workshops
- School Improvement support:
- Curriculum development
- Pupil behaviour strategies
- Policy framework
- Guidance from experienced practitioners
See below for more information about our specialist teams:
We provide a customised service for you, which lifts the burden of financial compliance and keeps things simple. By managing this centrally we are able to take advantage of economies of scale, whilst ensuring we are fully compliant with the rules of the various funding and statutory bodies.
We benefit from powerful IT systems and flexible accounting software to provide an appropriate local solution; we will build relationships with your key leaders to reduce the financial administrative burden yet ensure the integrity of your finances are maintained.
The key services we provide are:
- Strategic budget & longer term planning and support for your leadership team
- Monthly budget management reports
- Reports to governors and attendance at leadership/governor meetings as required
- Access to computerised finance system for local order & invoice processing
- General financial and accounting advice and support
- Insurance cover
- Financial savings through joint procurement opportunities
Human Resources (HR)
The Trust provides an HR service that is personalised and helps your leadership team achieve their aims to improve and develop your school. Our HR policies are models of best practice; based on ACAS codes and structured to build a culture of continuous improvement and development.
Our HR team works closely with you to fit your individual needs. We use an effective HR database system that provides an efficient self-service operation meaning less administration for your school office staff.
We can support you and your leadership team with the full range of HR including:
- Recruitment and probation
- Single central record management and audit
- Pro-active absence management
- Disciplinary, capability and grievances
- Employee relations and casework
- Resolution of difficult employee situations
- Exit strategies where necessary
- All delivered as required to provide a bespoke HR service that achieves results.
The Trust provides a comprehensive IT network; ensuring data integrity, security and platform flexibility to allow your school to develop its unique systems but within a secure infrastructure. Our reliable system has stood up to current demands of secure access whilst working from home.
Our experienced team will help with major projects and assist with strategy, procurement and installation, as well as providing advice and guidance; not only technically, but practically about what can work well in an educational environment.
The key services we provide are:
- A safe, secure infrastructure with minimal downtime and remote storage for greater resilience
- Access to core network systems
- Complete backup and storage
Estates and Technical services
Our experienced estates and technical services team will be able to support your school with professional advice, escalation, and hands-on service across key areas. All with the aim of helping you to ensure a ‘safe place’ for teaching and learning, and make the most of your estate assets. Where necessary we can help improve policies and procedures covering for example, health & safety, site maintenance and regulatory compliance.
We have a breadth of experience in delivering effective operational estate management, including lettings and major project developments.
The key services we provide are:
- Major capital project support from bid writing support (CIF and other bid writing); through project planning to delivery and close
- Procurement, including access to our existing preferred supplier database
- Facilities advice and escalation support
- Lettings management
- Expert input on H&S, COSHH, Fire Risk Management, including engagement of “competent person” resources and other professionals as needed
- Disaster recovery
- Advice and guidance across other key service areas including – catering, cleaning, grounds maintenance
Governance and Compliance
Our expert team will be able to advise and guide your governors to ensure they are able to deliver their three core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding leaders to account for the educational performance of the school
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
You will have access to training and development resources alongside an experienced clerk and with access to existing governing bodies within the Trust.
Policies, schedules of business, terms of reference etc., are all provided as part
of our comprehensive service.
The key services provided are:
- Advice and guidance on the requirements and expectations of governance in a rapidly changing environment of increasing compliance and responsibility
- A range of resources to support good governance, including a web based, paperless governance portal providing meeting papers and information, policy registers and more general resources
- Direct support for the chair of governors in facilitating governors’ self-assessment
- Succession planning
- Recruitment, selection and training of governors including staff and parents
- Support and guidance on:
- Freedom of Information
- Data Protection
- Records management
- General compliance